Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week 3

This week I have spent a total of three and a half hours with the wonderful students of JCB. Wednesday night I attended the middle school youth group for the first time and hung out with the crazy kids for two hours. This morning (Sunday) one of the girls in my small group sat with us at church and we got to meet her parents and get to know each other a little bit. Then, we went to Sunday school together.
I cannot seem to get enough of hanging out with the teens. I get pumped to get up on Sundays in order to see them and go Wednesday nights to chill and meet some more people. God has simply blessed JCB with the most wonderful students, leaders, and volunteers. Every practicum/volunteer student and adult has been such a great experience to get to know, the students are such a joy, and Christ's love makes it all happen. As I am getting to know the girls more (boys at this age still tend to think girls are crazy/scary/smelly) I become more and more comfortable with where God has me. Plus, as they become more comfortable with us we are able to level more, get in on their lives, and love on them better.
Although I'm 18 and in college I still find it difficult at times to put myself out there. I am learning to trust Christ with my identity more and more. It is such an amazing experience when we are finally able to simply let go and allow ourselves to be grounded firmly in who our Savior is. God is showing me so many wonderful things this last week. I cannot wait to see where He is taking me through all of them!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You are such a beautiful, gifted, and grounded girl! Do not be afraid to be yourself because I know our girls and I know they will only love you more and more as you reveal your crazy self to them!!! God has blessed you with an awesome gifts of craziness, lovingness, and acceptance!!! haha I just made up a few words but what ev!