Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Week 5 - Becoming intimate...

This last week I spent a total of nine hours in and outside of JCB. Six of these hours I hung out with Kayal (an eighth grader in my small group) a couple of different times, attended Wednesday night youth group, and Sunday school. The more and more I hang out with the kids and leaders, the more joy I recieve from them. I am truly blessed by them all.
It was such an encouragement to have Kayla ask me to hang out this week. For four hours we ate, laughed, and hung out. It is so important for us to get down on their levels and just be with them. All they want is to be loved on. Although it was super fun and exciting, I forgot that I am an old college student who needs her rest -- haha! Kayla wore me out :), but it was great. Along with all of this I have found it slightly difficult to walk in on Wednesday's and Sunday's with a compeletly chill attitude like my day/week has not been chaotic and stressful. I need to remember to keep my attitude in check always so God can minister through me the best that He can.
Honestly, it has been a spiritually dry week. God is always faithful and has proven Himself to me so much, but He still feels so far away. I am struggling with being someone I don't want to be while being comfortable with who I really am. It is such an important time in life to truly discover who Haley is -- it's who God specifically made me to be.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay! I am so excited that you are getting to chill with kayla on campus! It is so cool to know that these girls want to be our friends and think were worth knowing. i remember being little and looking u to the older girls. It is cool to have the roles switched.

Jerolyn Bogear said...

Haley-girl, great job of spending time with the kids. They need all they love you can give. But be sure you are studying the Word and in prayer EVERY day. I know you are very busy with school, but you will dry up if you keep trying to minister like this without "refueling" with the Lord. Remember, He is your only source of strength and guidance. Rely on Him. Love you,
J