Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Week 6/7

Since we were on spring break last week, we obviously missed some days with the kids, and I found myself truly missing it! The week before spring break I spent 2 hours on Wednesday with the kids, 2 hours last Wednesday, 2 hours on Sunday and 2 hours today. It has been so great getting back with the kids!
I have fallen more and more in love with these kids and leaders every week. God truly placed us here together for a reason. The love I get from these kids makes me never want to leave. Some rarely, if ever, recieve postive attention and it is a blessing to give it to them and watch them give it back. This last Sunday I had the opportunity to lead small group. It was such a great time of discussion and honesty. We talked about having faith and spreading the Word...their insights and simplicities to life are humbling. We had a prank planned on the boys as well and so, silly stringed them before we started! The craziness combined with the passion was great!
I am finding myself searching more and more for God everyday. Even though this dark night I am traveling in seems broad, I know He is holding me, helping me, and yearning for me. How beautiful is the love of our Savior and how humbling His mercy.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You did an amazing job leading the small group! God has given you great abilities to speak in public and I know you are in the right major :)

Jana said...

ahh I missed it too! I just love the kids there so much!