Monday, November 3, 2008

Pressing On


In the midst of what feels like forever,

I will find a constant now.

When all my soul can feel is what it lacks,

my doubt will not intercede on my belief.

A desire for consistancy has

left me in constant disarray.

Where does the fine line between what

is and should not be lie?

Is this because of me?

My thoughts race through how it used

to be:

When Your face was unvieled and shining

over my questions, passions, desires.

I feel a thread of what I knew now coming

back to surface

but I cannot grasp the color it is or

the coming beauty it has to offer.

So, my thoughts will remain on you,

my eyes will rest upon your face,

my feet will run this charted course

and I will finish the race.

No one can tell me what I am

or who I need to be, because

all the value I have been searching

for lies within the trace of your hand.

Today will be the day that I press forward,

on toward the light ahead.

All this waiting and torment will be

sufficed; Your life in the full

my reward.

Be my Vision, my Heart,

my All.

Amen

No comments: